The science behind GeoBubble™ technology
GeoBubble™ is a material purposely designed to alleviate stresses during the moulding of the bubble profile. The geometric bubble allows the material to be perfectly formed resulting in an air cell with a more uniform thickness, minimising the residual stress within the polymer structure. In collaboration with leading Universities together with in-house development team, the focus was to create high performance materials that meet pool owners requirements.
To understand the science of GeoBubble™, it helps to look at the traditional bubble material used for pool covers. Those traditional bubbles have several inherent weaknesses in their design, including thin points and high residual stress areas.
Swimming pool covers are typically exposed to high levels of Ultra Violet (UV) radiation and chemical attack. GeoBubble™ is a material designed specifically for this environment, making the cover more resistant to these attacks and enabling a longer lifespan.
What makes GeoBubble™ materials unique?
This world leading technology offers these unique features and benefits:
- Unique patented design of two bubbles joined together by a structural waistline centre section
- Better heating and insulation properties
- Minimise cover shrinkage as seen with other local brands
- No sharp corners that could result in thin or weak points in the design
- No stress points due to the bubble’s smooth interconnected curves
- 50% thicker than a traditional bubble material
- Increased resilience against UV rays and chemical attack
Why does the GeoBubble™ shape have a large surface area?
- It allows for expansion of air within the bubble shape. The stiff waistline section ensures the bubble is strong enough to hold expanding air and will not stretch or burst under increased pressure
- The large footprint also acts as an insulator, so the heat generated is also retained in the pool water
- It helps the cover to grip the water so it cannot be blown off the pool or lift in high winds
- It allows for the pool blanket to sit flatter on the water surface
Our pool covers have fewer welding joins than any other covers:
- Reducing the amount of stress points and offers improved overall cover strength
- A nicer looking pool cover with fewer seams
- Reduced hot wedge welding cross tension of the material and cover shrinkage
- Reducing the overall amount of “wavy” appearance